Folkestone Driving School is run by Tony Simcock, founder of the The Big Red L Company.
His was the first driving company in the UK to gain the 'Investors in People' award. He also gained awards for small business of the year and training provider of the year
Tony has been hand-picked for decades to be a driving instructor for individuals and companies. From university pupils to the British Army, from van-fleets to the BBC. Tony has seen almost it all. His mission is "to eradicate shoddy driving from the planet."
Tony has franchised other driving instructors for years, and has managed a team of experienced ADI's that covered much of Kent.
Currently we cover all the area you see in red. If you live in Folkestone you get bonus points, as it is our home town!
Learning to drive with us in Folkestone has many benefits:
- Folkestone is a small town with roads that are easily accessible, so you quickly learn all the places you might travel on in your test.
- We know this town better than most people know their own backgarden, we probably will know even your driving instructor's hobbies.
- There aren't many one-way-systems or terrifying junctions.
- There isn't much traffic on the roads. Folkestone seems to only get busy around the 3:30 school run.
- Folkestone was ranked the 8th coolest place to live by The Times Newspaper this year!
What's With The Big Red L?
The Big Red L Company was founded in 1992 by Tony Simcock.
Since then, we have franchised many high-grade instructors, helping to make quality driving lessons available for affordable prices.
The Big Red L has also sold intensive driving courses across the entirety of the UK; so when we come to do them in our home town, we really know what we're doing.